Do you wish you knew more about what makes computers tick?
Is your computer running slow or grinding to a halt?
Are you constantly fending off computer viruses?
Does your definition of “troubleshooting” involve blowing holes in your laptop with a .45?
If your answer to any of these questions is an exasperated “Yes!”, then this is the book for you!
In How Computers Work and What to Do When They Don’t, you will learn:
- The basic parts of computers and what they do, explained in simple English
- The Seven Principles of Solving Problems, which you can use to find the solution to any computer problem
- Simple things you can start doing today to prevent problems in the future
- What you can do to speed up a sluggish computer and remove viruses
- How to buy the right computer when it’s time to upgrade
Most people use computers every day, but don’t understand much about how computers operate. When a computer stops working correctly, they typically take it to a retailer for repair or, if they’re fortunate, have a technically-minded friend or family member fix it.
This book exists to equip you, the user, with the knowledge you need to start solving your own computer conundrums and—even better—to prevent them from happening in the first place.
Here’s what you get:
- An overview of computer hardware and software and how they work together to make your computer run
- A paradigm for how to stop being befuddled when something breaks and start repairing it instead
- Instructions on maintaining your computer to keep it running smoothly, and things to do when it isn’t
- A guide for purchasing a computer that fits your needs and budget
- Over 30 high-resolution images to supplement explanations and how-to procedures
- Troubleshooting guides for resolving many common technical issues
- A list of trustworthy resources for resolving additional problems
This book is written for users like you! Whether you want to save money by solving your own tech issues, rejuvenate an old computer, or simply learn more about technology, How Computers Work and What to Do When They Don’t is an invaluable resource!
P.S. Thank you for reading about my book. I invite you to join my email list, where you will receive free book content, book deals, and news about upcoming books. I look forward to seeing you there!